Background and Qualifications
Who I serve: My personal goal is to help people from 17 to 70+ learn how to have the best life possible.
Why I care: I have had a number of generous elders and mentors show me the way and help me through tough times. It has made all the difference to me.
My goal is to help others in the same way.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, San Diego
- Master of Science, Utah State University
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation
- Certified Youth Mentor Coach, Youth Coaching Institute
- Certified Youth Leadership Coach, Youth Coaching Institute
- Professional Standing, ADHD Coach, ADHD Coaches Organization
Continuing Education (CE Credits)
- Foundations in MDMA and Psilocybin Safety and Therapeutic Applications, Psychedelic.Support
- Simply ADHD, ADD Coach Academy
- Personal Transformation Course, ADD Coach Academy
Biography: I grew up in a suboptimal household and at age 19 had no goals and no sense of direction. A friend of my mother's, a psychotherapist,
became my mentor, and, from him, I learned to set goals and work to attain them. As a result, I earned a master's degree from Utah State University when I was 26,
had a successful career, and retired early.
From a physical fitness perspective, I transitioned from having little interest in athletics in my youth to becoming a cycling enthusiast and racer, recently winning the
Oregon State Championship individual time trial event for my age group. I am now training to break the world record for the one-hour, track-cycling event, also for my age group.
During my career, I enjoyed much success, but more work was needed to become a whole human being. Accomplishments were great for building self-esteem,
but not for nurturing close personal relationships. With the help of life coaching I have opened up new dimensions in my life and my path forward is clear:
I am committed to being loving and present in my family life and helping others, just as I was helped by my mentor in my youth.
The "helping" method I have chosen is life coaching; it is practical, effective, and has an immediacy I have not found in other helping modalities.
For Life Coaching, I began at Youth Coaching Institute, where I received not only my initial training
but much encouragement in my quest to effectively help others. Subsequently, I trained directly with Dr. Leah Mazzola,
Master Certified Coach. That led to my certification with the International Coaching Federation, the Gold Standard for life coaching accrediting bodies.
I have also completed training at the ADD Coach Academy to meet the requirements for "Professional ADHD Coach" standing with the ADHD Coaches Organization.
Much of my strength as a coach is helping my clients organize their thoughts and feelings to streamline their lives.
I have a wealth of experience in this area -- and have,
- spent years working as a systems analyst, efficiently organizing information for academic and corporate researchers
- created the BestLife.Community website, a highly-structured, free-to-use collection of evidence-based, life-improvement techniques presented in both textual and multimedia formats.
- created the 1200-page website JazzStandards.com, which catalogs and provides historical information for the jazz standards (songs played most frequently by jazz musicians)
- created the website PopularRestorations.com, which contains 74 articles on every aspect of repair and restoration
- created the Classic Car Club of America Museum website and oversaw the digitization of over 20,000 documents and 750 magazines, which are now available for the public to view online
- performed two full classic car restorations including a 1946 Packard Seven Passenger Sedan, which won numerous best-in-class and best-in-show awards, both at the regional and national levels
- kept my life and hobbies in order. Based on its organization, my garage is featured in the book, Your Automotive Workshop
If you would like help exploring where you are, where you would like to go, and how to get there, please use the contact link on this page to send an email.
I have the experience, training, and a deep understanding of how you can leverage your past experiences into a bright future.