Assessments and Inventories
The following assessment tools will help both you and your coach better understand who you are and what you care about:
And during your coaching sessions the following inventories are available to help you understand yourself and make plans for improvement:
Does Life Coaching Work?
It is worthwhile to question whether life coaching yields positive results. There are many articles and texts with "evidence-based" accounts
of its efficacy. Here is a very fair and balanced study, found on the National Center for Biotechnology Information website
(here), published May 3, 2016.
The title is, Comparing the Effectiveness of Individual Coaching, Self-Coaching, and Group Training.
The key takeaways from the study are:
- "As expected, individual coaching was the most effective intervention to facilitate participants’ goal attainment."
- "Moreover, participants in the individual coaching and group training conditions reported significantly less procrastination compared
to those in the control group."
- "Regarding the reaction criteria, results revealed higher levels of satisfaction for participants in the individual coaching and group training conditions compared with
the control group."
- "Coaches’ transactional and transformational leadership behaviors contributed to coachees’ experience of autonomy support and intrinsic motivation, resulting in higher goal
attainment and satisfaction."
- "Our results on the relative effects on procrastination and goal attainment lend support to the view that individual coaching and group training are effective interventions
for developing skills and changing behavior."
Overview of Defence Mechanisms
This article can help you identify the mechanisms that work (and don't work) for you: (Article).
Workaholism and Denial
The causes and costs of workaholism: (Article).
Videos and Podcasts
My video resources now reside at the BestLife.Community website for use by any coach or organization, free of charge.